Rose withers with poor putting display at Torrey Pines
SAN DIEGO: Britain's Justin Rose fumed with frustration after he undermined a superb display of shot-making with a balky putter in Saturday's third round of the PGA Tour event in San Diego. A double winner on the US circuit, the 30-year-old Englishman coped well with the firm, fast-running fairways on the South Course at Torrey Pines but he totalled 32 putts on the greens. "I am so frustrated," Rose said after he carded a level-par 72 to finish a sun-drenched day 10 strokes off the lead. "I am playing so well right now and that should have been a 66 for me out there today. I must have missed 12 putts inside six feet this week." Rose offset two birdies with two bogeys, one of them a three-putt from seven feet at the par-five sixth where he had lined up a birdie chance. "I know everyone is missing one or two (putts) but this is unbelievable," he said after posting a two-under total of 214. "I am so frustrated with the putter right now ...
Comments