Bielsa to stay as Chile coach, says FA chief

SANTIAGO: Chile's 2010 World Cup coach Marcelo Bielsa is staying on in the job, Chilean FA (ANFP) President Sergio Jadue said on Wednesday.

Jadue said Bielsa, who had threatened to quit in November, had not presented his resignation by the Jan. 31 deadline, which the Argentine had set himself to give the ANFP his decision.

"Today I met with the national team coach Marcelo Bielsa in a meeting that lasted no more than 15 minutes and in which I reiterated our intention that he remain in charge of the team," Jadue told reporters.

"He told me he would reply in writing. Unfortunately he hasn't done this yet, but I interpret his silence in an optimistic manner. Marcelo Bielsa stays.

"He's aware of my interpretation and what I was going to communicate to the news media," Jadue said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barcelona beat Atletico Madrid 3-0, set record

Giraldo reaches first ATP final in Santiago

I will retire from East Bengal, says Bhutia